martes, 19 de mayo de 2020

PASSIVE WITH VERBS WITH TWO OBJECTS


VERBS WITH TWO OBJECTS:

  • ask, give, offer, order, tell, sell, send, show, bring 
We can convert the active sentence into a passive one in two ways:

                                     He gave me a present

a) starting by the indirect object me --- I as the subject, which is the option preferred.

   I was given a present by him


b) starting by the direct object  "a present"  as the subject of passive voice.

                 A present was given to me by him

In this second sentence the Indirect object "me" is preceded by  TO





Some more exercises on this topic:
https://en.islcollective.com/english-esl-worksheets/grammar/passive-voice-or-active-voice/passive-voice-two-objects/17894


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario