jueves, 4 de mayo de 2017

4TH ESO: Reporting orders and requests

When we want to report an order or request, we can use a verb like 'tell' with a to-clause:

"Go away" 

 He told me to go away. 

The pattern is verb + indirect object + to-clause

"Don't move"

He told me not to move.

The indirect object is the person spoken to. 

Other verbs used to report orders and requests in this way are: command, order, warn, ask, advise, invite, beg, teach, & forbid.



Your turn!

He told me to look at that.                                            He told me not to look over there.



He said: "let's go for it"
He suggested going for it 
He suggested that we go for it

He said:"Let's not play tennis this afternoon" 
He suggested not playing tennis that afternoon
He suggested that they not play tennis that afternoon 

OFFERS

example:

"Shall I help with these bags?" James offered.
James offered to help me with these bags.

SUBJ + OFFER+TO + INFINITIVE
" I can help you with your homework if you want"
The teacher offered to help me with my homework if I wanted.




Reported+speech+suggest,offer+and+other from Carmen Ortiz




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario